Technical SEO SpecialistPOSTED ON November 20 2017
Title: Technical SEO Specialist
Reports to: Director of SEO
Experience: 4+ years’ experience in SEO or Web Development, preferably in an agency setting
Education: Bachelor’s degree
There comes a time in your SEO career when you hit the sweet spot. You know how to use the technology and tools of the trade; you have a broad spectrum of SEO experiences to draw on; you’ve seen enough industry trends come and go to recognize the game changers; and you’re still pumped to learn, take on new challenges and test new ideas. Our Technical SEO Specialist position is designed to let you shine, acting as the primary technical expert for a wide range of clients and industries.
What are the top five reasons to take the next step in your SEO career with Agency 451?
- We’re THAT good and we’re growing.
In 2004, our partners founded Agency 451 right here in Boston with the ambitious goal of making people fall “crazy-in-love” with brands. We’ve done just that, with a synergistic blend of services including digital marketing (SEO, PPC), public relations, social media, content marketing, media buying and advertising, creative development and experiential event planning. Today, our staff of 80+ serves a diverse and growing roster of regional, national and global clients. Our relentless focus on creative and integrated solutions has helped us win more than 28 industry awards since 2014, including SABRE Award finalist for Boutique Agency of the Year, Social Media Club Awards finalist for Best Agency, and Ragan’s PR Daily Digital Award winner for Best SEO.
- We’ll help you stay at the forefront.
We prioritize you staying ahead of new developments in SEO by supporting participation in conferences and seminars. We’ll also encourage you to grow as a thought leader in digital marketing, sharing your knowledge via Twitter, 451’s blog or industry organizations and forums. Beyond that, our monthly digital learning sessions and All-Hands agency-wide meeting will continue to expose you to innovative, multi-channel work being done across the whole agency.
- We’ll give you more room to advance.
With a record of impressive growth and promotion from within, there is plenty of opportunity to continue to grow along with us.
- This job comes with both friends and benefits.
Along with healthcare plans (with employer-reimbursed deductibles), a dental plan and 401(k) with company match, Agency 451 offers an array of benefits that show our appreciation for a job well done. Some of our most beloved perks include pizza Fridays, a smoothie bar, bottomless snacks, a dog-friendly office, an employee rewards card for local businesses around our office, and our summer Fridays program (up to two Fridays off from June thru August that do not count against your annual PTO accrual). Both our two-legged and four-legged coworkers are the best!
- We didn’t lead this posting with a lame headline about “optimizing” your career.
What will you be doing as an SEO Lead?
- Auditing a wide range of eCommerce and Lead Generation websites from a technical standpoint and providing recommendations
- Identifying technical issues and troubleshooting: HTTPs migrations, robots.txt file errors, pagination errors, canonical tags, mobile friendliness, page speed, etc.
- Maximizing our clients’ website visibility and performance
- Auditing of website log files
- Implementing schema markup
What are our requirements for the ideal Technical SEO Specialist candidate?
A passion for new technology and how the Internet (really) works, as well as an understanding of the latest web development techniques and languages
- Ongoing motivation to learn and improve yourself and your approach to Technical SEO – even if it’s off the clock
- Proficient in HTML/CSS/JS, with an emphasis on how they impact SEO performance
- Understanding of how to reduce crawl budget, remedy site performance issues, and implement/troubleshoot structured data using a variety of tools like Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Copyscape, Xenu Sleuth, GA, GSC, and BWMT.
- Background designing URL structures and navigation elements
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting tags via GTM
- Ability to analyze log files
- Capable of providing detailed but easy-to-understand analysis and recommendations
- Experience optimizing robots.txt files, implementing canonical tags, pagination pages, and identifying/ fixing redirect loops
- Smart, resourceful and energized by staying at the forefront of a field that is always changing
Even better (but not required)
- Knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimization and UX principles and methodologies
- Website development experience including AMP development
- Experience working with popular CMS platforms like WordPress, Drupal, and Magento
Agency 451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will Agency 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.