SEO SpecialistPOSTED ON November 20 2017
Title: SEO Specialist
Reports to: Director of SEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Client Facing: Yes
The SEO Specialist has between 2-3 years of SEO experience under their belt and are ready to move to the next level in their career. SEO Specialists at Agency 451 should be ready to mentor and be mentored, as well as take ownership for client success and be influencers for innovation. SEO Specialists should develop an in-depth understanding of our clients and play and important role in the strategy and implementation of search engine optimization tactics to help achieve client goals. Working collaboratively with other team members and utilizing a suite of paid and free tools, SEO Specialists will design, execute, monitor and manage strategic campaigns that maximize organic search results for a wide variety of clients in both the eCommerce and Lead Generation space.
The SEO Specialist supports the entire lifecycle of each account assigned to them. They will be actively involved in client activity, client meetings and conference calls. SEO Specialists help develop keyword strategies, technical recommendations and implement ongoing linking efforts for their accounts. Once initial modifications have been made to the client’s website, the SEO Lead will be responsible for tracking results and making continuous improvements to the site in order to achieve and maintain online success for their account websites. This will include regular reporting to the client of improved results and “next steps.” As 451 is a growing agency, we may occasionally require SEO Specialists to perform duties outside of SEO. All 451 employees, including SEO Specialists, may be required to work outside of regular office hours (9-5).
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborative strategy development and start-to-finish project management
- Keyword research, conversion optimization, on-page optimization, off-page optimization
- Monitoring client accounts in Google Analytics on a consistent and ongoing basis and analyzing results
- Identifying issues and working with the team and client to troubleshoot
- Helping to train and mentor new team members and manage their time
- Recognizing opportunities to expand client engagement across other agency channels
- Providing monthly and quarterly reports with detailed analysis
- Reviewing SEO Coordinator and SEO Content Strategist work and providing recommendations to improve in professional development
- Provide agency-wide team trainings to instill integration
- Act as Lead on assigned accounts:
- Weekly or biweekly calls, prepare call & meeting agendas, take detailed notes during calls & meetings, send out a recap to account manager and internal team after calls/meetings, respond to client emails, calls etc.
- Actively monitor client accounts in Google Analytics on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Identify any tracking or other issues and work with team and client to troubleshoot, identify areas of opportunity, prepare reporting
- Ongoing optimization of SEO efforts, including but not limited to:
- Keyword reserach
- Low Hanging Fruit reporting
- Content Calendar creation
- On-page optimizations (including keyword insertion/deletion, meta data etc.)
- Landing page optimization
- Conversion optimization
- Manage time effectively, both holistically and at task-level
- Contribute to client educational materials library
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of experience in the search marketing industry, preferably in an agency environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Experience working on client accounts to determine their specific needs and creative ways to exceed their expectations.
- Experience using search and website analytics tools (e.g. Google analytics, Conductor Searchlight, SEM Rush, Moz, etc) is a plus
- Experience with using standard office-based software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of website code in order to be able to make intelligent recommendations that would positively affect search rankings.
- Ability to recognize personal limits and find resourceful ways to self-educate and overcome those limits.
- Ongoing motivation to learn and improve yourself and your approach to SEO – even if it’s off the clock
- Understanding of white hat search engine optimization strategies
- Experience with reporting and analytics, including strong skills in Excel
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Smart, logical and energized by staying at the forefront of a field that is always changing
Agency 451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will Agency 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.