SEO LeadPOSTED ON November 20 2017
Title: SEO Lead
Reports to: Director of SEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The SEO Lead knows how to use the technology and the tools of the trade. They have a broad spectrim of SEO experiences to draw on; they’ve seen enough hindustry trends come and go to recognize the game changers, and they are still excited to learn, take on new challenges and test new ideas. The SEO Lead position is designed to let you shine As 451 is a growing agency, we may occasionally require SEO Leads to perform duties outside of SEO. All 451 employees, including SEO Leads may be required to work outside of regular office hours (9-5).
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet with clients to determine their search marketing objectives and goals, primarily for natural (“organic”) search campaigns.
- Collaborate on a search marketing strategy based upon those objectives while making recommendations for how best meet and exceed their needs.
- Create and execute project plans
- Plan an implementation strategy and timeline for implementing the search marketing strategy and ad hoc projects, sometimes working with existing website vendors to implement recommended changes as well as researching new vendors, tools, plugins etc.
- Work with the client’s website developer to implement analytics code, metadata, tracking pixels, work out tracking and other issues etc.
- Actively monitor client accounts in Google Analytics on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Identify any tracking or other issues and work with team and client to troubleshoot
- Identify areas of opportunity
- Prepare reporting
- Ongoing optimization of SEO efforts, including but not limited to:
- Keyword reserach
- Low Hanging Fruit reporting
- Content Calendar creation
- On-page optimization (including keyword insertion/deletion, meta data etc.)
- Landing page optimization
- Conversion optimization
- Acts as Lead on assigned accounts:
- Weekly or biweekly calls
- Prepare call & meeting agendas
- Take detailed notes during calls & meetings
- Send out a recap to account manager and internal team after calls/meetings
- Respond to client emails, calls, etc.
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Ad Hoc Reporting for clients
- Analyze data, identify anomallies, successes and problems and address them
- Provide insight on data
- Keep current on industry trends, changes and news and adjust strategies and inform clients as necessary.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in the search marketing industry, preferably in an agency environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Experience working on client accounts to determine their specific needs and creative ways to exceed their expectations.
- Experience using search and website analytics tools (e.g. Google analytics, Conductor Searchlight, SEM Rush, Moz, etc) is a plus
- Experience with using standard office-based software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of website code in order to be able to make intelligent recommendations that would positively affect search rankings.
- Ability to recognize personal limits and find resourceful ways to self-educate and overcome those limits.
Agency 451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will Agency 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.