Senior System AdministratorPOSTED ON January 12 2018
Agency 451 is in search of a Senior System Administrator to help transition the company from a fully outsourced IT support company to predominantly in-house IT support. We are a fast-growing company near North Station in Boston that is looking to bring our IT in house for a more efficient and effectively run office. Our Mac user base, technical needs and overall IT needs are rapidly expanding and in need of more in office face-to-face support, strategy and maintenance.
This position will provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and network operations support. He/she will build, configure, recommend and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, upgrades and additions, application deployments and IT infrastructure up-grades. He/she will diagnose and correct PC and Mac issues and improve overall systems issues. He/she will stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology.
Ideal candidate should have experience and strong knowledge of 75% or more of the following:
- Meraki support and general networking
- Active Directory
- Server maintenance and support
- VoIP office telephone systems
- Cloud storage and on premises file back up
- Windows Domain Controller
- Strong experience with Macs in a business setting
- Printer networking and drivers
- Administering of Windows licenses and migrations
- Firewall maintenance, monitoring and programming
- Deploying, managing, upgrading and recommending spam filters and anti-virus protection
- Executing a fully workable disaster recovery plan
- Imaging and building PCs and Macs
- Manage patches and updates for all systems
- Conference room, A/V screen sharing and audio installation and setup expertise
This is an ideal position for someone who has worked in a small to medium business who has experience running all things IT. This position would oversee our server room and would help to shape and to structure our IT department.
Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years of solid IT experience. Skills/specialties include Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft Active Directory, System Administration, Windows Operating System General Use, Windows Server 2008, Windows Support, strong customer service, patience and problem-solving skills, be able to speak to staff and upper management in non-technical terms.