PR Senior Account ExecutivePOSTED ON March 28 2017
REPORTS TO: Senior Account Executive
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
OFFICE LOCATION: Boston’s North End
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) has over five years of public relations agency experience. The SAE serves as a primary client contact, handling the execution of the tactical and strategic elements of Agency 451’s Hospitality public relations campaigns. The SAE reports directly to an Account Director and is responsible for the daily oversight of assigned Account Executives and Account Coordinators. The SAE also works closely with Agency 451’s social media team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns.
The SAE has mastered the tactical execution of a public relations campaign and continues to develop and refine strategic skills by working closely with Account Directors and executive staff to develop and implement a successful PR campaign. SAEs should think and act more strategically and proactively than Account Executives. SAEs should have demonstrated leadership and teaching skills through their work with Account Executives, Account Coordinators and support staff.
- Develop a strong relationship with client contact(s); act as back-up to the Account Director
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
- Identify, pitch and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
- Continually look to identify various client opportunities
- Write and place by-lined articles when appropriate
- Attend in-person press meetings with client, when appropriate
- Write press kit documents as well as news releases and pitch letters
- Develop press tour schedules, appointments; secure meetings at trade shows
- Develop tactical plans for clients, as needed
- Oversee monthly and quarterly PR reports
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry; competition and coverage
- Manage a team of Account Executives and Account Coordinators as assigned
- Work with social media team when appropriate
- Bachelors Degree
- Five to seven years of public relations agency experience
- Experience with Hospitality industry preferred
All interested candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency Agency 451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to the values of diversity, respect and open mindedness that are the foundation of our creativity and teamwork.
Under no circumstances will Agency 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. All applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.