PR Account ExecutivePOSTED ON April 19 2017
REPORTS TO: Account Director
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of public relations agency experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
OFFICE LOCATION: Boston’s North End
About Agency 451:
Agency 451 is a national award-winning communications agency that specializes in public relations, social media marketing, search marketing, paid digital marketing, creative development, and event marketing and management for consumer and business-to-business brands. Headquartered in Boston our agency works with companies to drive sales, create awareness, engage audiences, and build loyalty through a cutting-edge integrated communications approach.
The right candidate would have to be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, and someone who is comfortable working remotely to start.
The Account Executive (AE) has over three years of public relations agency experience. The AE serves as a primary client contact, handling the execution of the tactical and strategic elements of Agency 451’s public relations campaigns. The AE reports directly to an Account Director and/or a Senior Account Executive. The AE also works closely with 451’s social media team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns.
The AE has a strong grasp of the tactical execution of a public relations campaign and continues to develop and refine strategic skills by working closely with Senior Account Executives and Account Directors to develop and implement a successful PR campaign. AEs should think and act more strategically and proactively than Assistant Account Executives and Account Coordinators. AEs should have demonstrated leadership skills through their work with Account Coordinators and support staff.
- Develop a strong relationship with client contact(s); act as back-up to the Account Director and Senior Account Executives
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
- Identify, pitch and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
- Continually look to identify various client opportunities
- Write and place by-lined articles when appropriate
- Attend in-person press meetings with client, when appropriate
- Write press kit documents as well as news releases and pitch letters
- Develop press tour schedules, appointments; secure meetings at trade shows
- Develop tactical plans for clients, as needed
- Oversee monthly and quarterly PR reports
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry; competition and coverage
- Assist in managing Account Coordinators and interns as assigned
- Work with social media team when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of public relations agency experience
- Experience with consumer brands preferred
All interested candidates please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Agency 451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Agency 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law