Business DevelopmentPOSTED ON June 26 2017
Title: Business Development
Reports to: EVP — Business Development
Location: Boston Headquarters
FLSA Status: Exempt
Business Development is a position for a self-starting, driver, experienced sales-focused and results-oriented individual. This role involves both responding to new business opportunities that are presented to Agency 451, as well as development of opportunities for new business by this individual directly. This individual should be skilled at both sourcing new opportunities from referral sources and centers of influence, as well as directly approaching companies that would benefit from Agency 451’s expertise. Experience in qualifying opportunities, presenting and closing new business from an agency perspective is critical.
A personable, results-oriented, multi-tasker who is able to handle a variety of day-to-day duties will succeed in this position. This is a position where you must work independently, but also requires interaction with staff and department heads in a professional, empathetic and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing New Business opportunities for Agency 451
- Qualifying initial opportunities presented to Agency 451 for need, budget, interest, opportunities for Agency 451’s skill set to make a difference.
- Working with each potential service department and senior management on individual opportunities.
- Working with Marketing department on creative and impactful presentations.
- Leading the presentation of Agency 451 to prospect through each stage of the buying cycle, up to signing of MSA and initial kickoff by Account Management team.
- Creating and maintaining a network of referral sources and centers of influence to develop a steady pipeline of opportunities for consideration.
- Ability to work with specific goal expectations..
Candidate Qualities and Characteristics:
- Sales Oriented — this individual seeks out new business opportunities for Agency 451 at all times and is motivated by and intensely focused on closing new business.
- Presentation skills — this individual is experienced at understanding a prospect’s goals and opportunities — and skilled at incorporating that into Agency 451’s response.
- Problem Solving — Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Independently seeks out solutions
- Empathy and Ethics — Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others.
- Being a positive, respected public-facing representation of Agency 451.
- Experienced with Salesforce.com or other equivalent CRM technology.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing and/or sales.
- Proven track record in closing new business.
- 5+ years of experience in new business development role, working with companies who spend $500,000 to $10,000,000 in Marketing, preferably within an established agency structure
- Extremely strong presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to prioritize and use time efficiently while working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions and respond to management direction
- Must be able to travel to visit prospects and clients, as well as occasional conferences.
- Confidentiality in all areas is mandatory
All interested candidates please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Agency 451 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Agency 451 discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law